Thursday, July 16, 2009

SORRY

Sorry this post has taken so long but I have been very busy. I won't complain, because the other day when I told Kyle I was tired he said "yes, unemployment must be exhausting". It is Kyle, it is.

Today I decided I would go to the grocery store after the gym. I grabbed some cash to use and I didn't want to spend more than $40 because I didn't want to have to carry more than that home and over exert myself. On my way to the gym I was following a trail of SPKs on the ground (sour patch kids). At first I didn't think it was a big deal because it was mostly green and yellow ones but eventually I found the mother load, orange and red too!!! What a shame! Well, they weren't going to be a complete waste because I found some birdies snacking on them. I was glad that they were being put to good use, I mean someone has to eat them, but then I became concerned about the birds. No one would be able to tell them to not eat too many because they will burn your tongue! Poor little guys.

So at the grocery store after filling my basket I went to the self check out since that is the best customer service you will find in DC. Even though I didn't get that much stuff I still spent $51, D'oh, over budget. I hit the cash payment button to pay. This would be a good time to mention that the money I grabbed from my dresser before was all singles...that's right. Oh well I thought, I'm going to do it, no one is behind me. After about $8 in I realized how long this was going to take, but I wasn't turning back now, still no one was waiting in line. But then the worst thing happened. The girl working at Giant decided she wanted to clean that area when I was done with it, so now I had her standing over my shoulder watching me with my wad of one dollar bills. Of course some of them wouldn't take and it took all in all a very long time. I should probably mention that to top it all off, I was $4 short and had to use my debit card for the rest.

Oh well, I still feel that if I had gone to a cashier she would have rolled her eyes at me for having to count all the dolla billz!

No comments:

Post a Comment